Sunday, December 22, 2013

My First: Day in São Paulo, Brazil

Dear Family,

A quick note to let you know just how well we made it to São Paulo. Even though I had my own seat and we arrived on time, I was still exhausted and very glad to check into our hotel. 

They had a sweet crib and bathrobe ready for me.

Yawn! Ready to get my relaxing on

But after a quick shower and thorough attention to dental hygiene, we were off to explore.

Get that plaque, No-cho!

Oh yeah, and a little nosh for the road.

We had a cafezinho nearby with locals, where I learned a new word: fofo. I'm really good at saying it. 

Then we were off for some shopping, which of course meant Havaiana flip flops! Woot woot!  I got a balloon and checked out the local press along the way.

Me and my empanada de carne and balloon checking out what Dilma's been up to.

Maybe I let No-cho take care of checking out the press while I focused on my empanada.

Finally at Havaiana, I got me some shoes, made some more friends and explored the heck out of that cool store! At one point I heard a certain kind of whistle and yelled "ABU!" thinking he was looking for me.

Yup, these fit great!

Oh hello there! Fofo you say? Yup! I know that word.

Once we headed back to our hotel, I found all sorts of fun goodies in our room. The hotel staff kindly left me toys, all sorts of shampoos and lotions, and an enormous rubber duckie boat. How do they know me so well?! We immediately headed to the pool to try it out.

My own personal lap pool

Checking out the city, planes and helicopters while I swim.

Re-relaxing with my rubber duckie in the background

I could get used to this!

Now I'm napping, so I'm having my secretary type this up. Need to rebuild strength for dinner tonight and an early flight tomorrow.

Love you and miss you despite the fun so far,

JYK

No comments:

Post a Comment